1. Parents seeking admission of their ward must register the name of the ward in advance.
2. Registration to the Nursery and other classes start normally in the month of February-March as per the date scheduled and published. Registration for the admission to classes other than nursery depends on the availability of seats. Registration does not guarantee admission and the validity of the registration is only for 3 months from the date of registration.
3. The minimum age of the candidates for admission to Nursery is 3-4 years. A corresponding scale of minimum and maximum age holds true for the other classes.
4. Application for Registration should be made on the prescribed form obtained with prospectus from the school office.
5. At the time of admission a student/parent has to submit the following documents:
a. Birth Certicate from the Municipality/ Panchayat. (Original and a copy)
b. Aadhaar Card (Photo copy) of child and parent
c. Two passport size photographs of the student and a family photo.
6. The date of birth once entered in the admission register of the school will not be changed, as it is against the law. In addition to that the parents of all applicants must sign an age declaration, guaranteeing that under any circumstances they shall not make any request for change of date of birth as well as the spelling, of child and parents name.
7. Admission will be on the basis of merit, interview and availability of seats. No recommendation of any nature shall be entertained. The decision of the management about admission is final.
8. Those students who join the school at any time of the current academic year will have to pay the complete fee of that academic year even if they join late.
9. For selection and admission of any candidate the decision of the management is final.
Good education is the joint effort of the school and parents. So education of year child can be complete only with the help of your full co-operation. The parents should feel proud of their children and should have confidence in their performance. At the same time they should be aware of the weaknesses and problems of their children. Parents should be earnest to report to the principal/ office whenever they are called in. The parents should have faith in the actions taken by the school authorities to facilitate the all-round development of their children.
Parents/ Guardians are requested to co-operate with the school in ensuring a high standard of morality and discipline among the students.
Parents must read all the rules printed on the school prospectus, school diary and circular. Ignorance of the rules will not be taken as an excuse.
Enrolment in Sacred Heart implies the willingness from the part of the parents to comply with the requirements and regulations of the school.
The medium of instruction and expression is English. To promote speaking English the students are awarded with marks/ grades through internal assessment.
Student should attend the school regularly. They must reach the school at least ten minutes before the assembly.
All the students must have the text books and the stationery required for their respective classes.
Every student should bring the school dairy daily. Any information or request conveyed to the parents/ guardians through the dairy by the the Principal/Teachers should be complied with and acknowledged.
Parents are advised to allow the children to watch only educational and useful program on TV and should keep them away from social medias like Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, etc. Habitual watching of movies and film songs may distract the children from their studies. School is not promoting use of internet in excess at home. Students should have the habit of reading books instead of watching videos on internet.
10. The child should be encouraged to cultivate habitual cleanliness in all his/ her work. Dress him/ her neatly and properly. Do not allow him/ her to bring expensive things to the school so as to make a display of such items or to show that he/she is more privileged than the rest. Help the child to understand that in the school he/ she is just like any other student.
11. It does sometimes happen that children complain to their parents concerning school matters. Parents are requested to notify the Principal in matters of this kind and to with-hold their judgments until proper investigation is made. A little carefulness along this line often prevents unhappy consequences.
12. If your child has habits or traits of character which need special watching, please report to the principal so that proper care can be given to your ward.
13. Children are attracted even by trifle things which they would like to acquire for themselves. If he/ she brings home anything from the school without the teachers’ knowledge, send it back the next day itself and inform about it to the persons concerned. It will have its own reward in his/ her later life.
14. While sending letters or making remittance of feel or inquiries please note the full name of the child, his/her class and the admission number.
15. Parents are requested to check the dairy of their ward regularly, sign it and respond to the remarks if any made by the teachers/ Principal.
16. Parents and guardians who want to discuss the welfare and progress of their children may meet the principal with prior permission or at the notified time. Parents shall meet the teachers on the days and occasions notified in the calendar. Parents are requested to make good use of this occasion for building-up mutual understanding between the parents and teacher with regard to the all-round progress of their wards. It is not a fault finding session, but legitimate complaints may be brought to the attention of the principal/Class teachers without any delay. It will be very much appreciated.
17. When the school is in session, parents and guardians should not visit the classes or teachers without the permission of the Principal as it causes disturbance to their normal and legitimate work.
18. Parents and guardians are requested to notify the school of any change in their address and phone number.
19. To be absent from the school to attend social functions is not recommended. Because it retards the child’s progress in school and minimizes his/her respect for regular hard work.
20. Parents are advised to ensure that children prepare their lessons regularly at home and take keen interest in the activities of the school.
21. Criticism of the teacher in the presence of the students should be prudently avoided as this may adversely affect the child. Parents can give their valuable suggestions to Principal and teachers on PTM and in front of SMC.
22. A progress report is sent to parents after annual examination. Parents are requested to sign the report card and return it within three days. Parents are requested to sign the test copy and return it on the very next day after the distribution.
23. Any kind of damage done to the school property must be compensated at the expense of the offender along with the fine that may be imposed.
24. No students will be granted leave without prior written application of the parents/ guardians. In all the cases permission is at the discretion of the Principal. Those who absent themselves for 10 consecutive days without the prior permission are liable to have their names struck off the rolls. Re-admission may be granted only on payment of fresh admission fee.
25. No student shall be allowed to go out or to be taken out of the school campus without obtaining the ‘out pass’ from the principal. The out pass shall not be issued unless the Principal is satisfied with the genuineness of the matter.
26. All money matters should be dealt with the office.
27. Parents should see that their child comes to the school after his/ her daily needs. All the students must have their Tiffin brought with them for break. Lunch packets brought by others will not be allowed to reach the students on account of various reasons.
28. Cleanliness of person and dress is expected of every student. The school uniform must be clean, without any type of decoration. Students coming to the school with untidy dress, hair, etc. will be refused admission to the class.
29. Students themselves will be responsible for their own belongings.
30. The section/house of a student is altered as and when required, at the discretion of the school authorities and request for a particular section/ house will not be entertained.
31. Conveyance of the children is fully the responsibility of parents. The school shall neither entertain any complaint on this matter nor be responsible in anyway.
32. Students will not be called to answer phone calls during class hours.
1. School fee must be paid in four installments before the due date. Defaulters will have to pay the late fee.
2. Fee must be paid for the period during which the student’s name is on the roll. If the fee is in arrears continuously, the name of the student will be removed from the rolls.
4. All fees and other dues must be cleared before the terminal examinations. Defaulters will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
5. No reduction of the fee will be made for broken periods of attendance.
6. Fee receipt/ bank vouchers must be retained and produced as a proof of payment if needed.
7. The fee once paid is not refundable.
Properly organized and regulated co-curricular activities are just as much a part of sound education as studies. It is chiefly through these activities that various facets of a child’s personality are revealed and that such qualities as team spirit, self-confidence, sportsmanship Initiatives and the proper use of leisure are developed. Mere accumulation of knowledge is not enough in the life of student. Some of the co-curricular activities encouraged are public speaking, drawing, painting, dancing, singing, games, PT, athletics, excursion, educational films, other competitions, etc.
1. No candidates will be admitted to any of the examinations unless all school dues have been paid in full.
2. The year’s works will be taken into account for drawing, music, dance, physical education and in other extra-curricular activities. No separate examination will be held in these subjects at the end of each term. Grades will be awarded for these subjects.
3. Regular periodical tests will be conducted in addition to the terminal examinations. Marks obtained in all the tests and terminal examinations will be taken into consideration as per the CBSE rule for promotion.
4. Those who absent themselves in any subject shall not be awarded any position and shall not be re-examined. In case of grave illness a medical certificate should be produced.
5. Result declared at the end of the academic year is final and no request for re-examination/re-evaluation shall be entertained. Application for the verification of marks may be considered in special cases at the discretion of the principal.
6. Parents/Guardians are requested to come and examine the result card of their wards and return it duly sign to the class teacher. Signatures found in the progress report should be identical with the specimen signature found in the dairy/ the admission form.
On all class days and at school functions the children are expected to wear the uniform prescribed for the season. Each child must be provided with a sufficient number of uniforms. It is compulsory to wear the school uniform on the following occasions: classes, for trips/picnics, for inter school functions and competitions.
Note: The School Uniform forbids the use of jewelers or makeup. Long nails and nail polish are not part of the uniform.